Sunday, April 20, 2008

Race for the Cure!

Yesterday I participated in the "Race for the Cure" in downtown Indy. Wow... that's all I can say.

Being that it was my first year participating, I really wasn't sure what to expect. I was in awe of all of the people - over 43,000 is what the paper read this morning!! That's a lot!! It was crazy to look back as you crossed over the White River bridge and saw the thousands of people behind you! And all of them, at a minimum, paid the $25 entry fee. Again, a lot!!! That money is definitely for a good cause. PLUS, people pledged and raised money in addition to those fees. Personally, I had great support from friends and family and raised over $500!! THANK YOU to all who helped out!

I will definitely do this again. Even despite the rain that fell on us during the walk... it was worth it. :)

1 comment:

Keith said...

Race for the Cures are awesome because, if for no other reason, of the size of the humanity that shows up! Congrats!!