Sunday, February 3, 2008

Wicked!

I'm sure many of you have heard about the Broadway Musical, Wicked. Well, I finally got to see it this weekend and it was great!!

It was kind of the cap off to my 'mental days off' from work. Friday afternoon, we took off for Chicago for that night's showing of Wicked. And it was well worth it! I read the book late last year because I had heard so much about it. It was one of those cases where I got stuck in an airport (go figure) due to a delay and hit one of the shops up. I saw the book and figured it'd be a good read, and it was.

But the kicker was how much different the play was verses the book. Nothing that really killed it for me - and nothing the person who hadn't read the book would even question... but it was there. I won't go into the details, but I guess it's the same when ever a book is taken to mainstream, whether it be movie or musical.

Regardless, if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend you go see Wicked. Just don't walk four city blocks of slush in 4 inch heals.

And then to cap off the weekend, we went shopping at Ikea. Man, that place can suck the day away!! Granted, we planned for that to happen, but man... it was smart of them to put a cafeteria in there for customers! I didn't wear 4 inch heals there, thank goodness! ;)

1 comment:

jhalsey said...

I Loved Wicked too!! I hadn't read the book....and my nieces and I had not problem following it either. But I have recently began the book...and it does seem like it will be a bit different!

Glad you had fun!