Monday, February 18, 2008

So I got this crazy urge...

Actually, it wasn't too crazy. Or even too much of an urge. It was just me finally doing something I said I was going to do for way to long!

I painted my bathroom. Red. DEEP red. I had the paint chip wedged behind my light switch plate for what seems like forever. I just finally got fed up with 'white'. So blah... so not me.

So what do you think?


The picture in this one was my 'inspiration' for the color - there's a lot of glare in this picture, so the red doesn't look as deep as it really is...



Maybe it wasn't so much me putting it off as it was my subconcious making sure this 'red' wasn't just a phase. I've been into the deep 'oriental red' (or so Ilike to call it) for a few years now. There's splashes of it in my bedroom, and then I bought curtains last fall for my living room. And I love it all.

So I don't think it's a phase. I just like the deep red with almost the black sheen to it. Granted, you can't really get that in a wall paint, but you get the idea. :)

2 comments:

Mark Z. said...

Looks good. I never though about having a clock in the bathroom, but as I think about it, it's not a bad idea. As soon as I get out of the shower in the morning, the first thing I do is poke my head out to the next room to see what time it is, to see how late I am.

Wendymples said...

I like it! I can't wait 'til I live somewhere that I can paint! I really miss my house and all the painting I did there! The kitchen was definitely my favorite!!