Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Phoenix

If you've never been to Phoenix, AZ, I highly suggest you go sometime.

For the second year in a row, I'm out here for a conference for work. It's the one conference Eric and I go to every year (for two years now, anyway). And we don't go because it's in Phoenix, we go cause it's relevant. It just happens to be in Phoenix every year.

Anyway, it's so different out here from any other place I've traveled. Which, anyone who knows me knows that work has had me all over the place... Seattle, Portland, Boise, and of course South FL. And then living in Indiana, of course. The first time I came out here last year I was entranced by the super blue skies that served at the backdrop to the rocky mountains covered in cacti. The mountains don't quite have the same look you find in Colorado... but the rock formations are crazy cool! I have my camera, and I know we'll get out and about a little later this week, so I'll post some pictures so you can see what I'm talking about.

The real big bonus to this year's trip, though, was we flew out of Indy just in time to miss the first snowfall with accumulation for the year. I have nothing against snow - love the stuff! But the first snowfall always seems to catch people off guard and the plows and salting get behind and/or people just freak out for their first drive in it for the season. So hopefully we'll go back to calmness on the roads. :)

1 comment:

Karen said...

When are you coming back? Because we're supposed to get MORE snow! :P