Wednesday, September 17, 2014

No. Just, No.

It was in the 40's this morning. Said so on my car thermometer (forgot to take a picture - I was in too much shock). And on the news before I left the house. I'm not ready for this. I'm not ready for the cold. It's not even Fall yet!

This just reinforces the fact that I need to go to FL. ASAP. My cruise is still too far off to make that what I'm looking forward to...

Come to think of it... that is the only trip I have to look forward to right now. That's not good. Christmas doesn't count yet... it's a given, and we don't actually have it planned yet, so...

Eric laughs when I say I 'need' to go somewhere. I don't think I could ever be a true nomad... but I do get bored if I somewhere too long without a break from it. Those weekend jaunts up to Chicago for a Cubs games are lifesavers in my book. And Boston was the icing this year... what as awesome trip that turned out to be. But that was two months ago... too long ago. Especially when colder weather shows up on my doorstep.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not one that's on the high maintenance front as far as travel goes... but I've always liked to roam. Growing up, it was on my bike, at the end of Emerson Drive and beyond, where there were no houses, yet lots of paved roads. I could ride for hours out there, by myself, looking for and going nowhere in particular. Unless I saw smoke... then I had to find the source of the smoke. FL brush fires always intrigued me... have you ever watched a palm frond burn? Or the bark of a scrub pine smolder? It's mesmerizing. Okay... I'm starting to sound like a pyro now... I never set them... just liked to watch them.

Anyway... lots of rambling here... point being, I don't want the cold weather yet. And I need a trip to FL soon. That is all.

No comments: