Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Living the Single Life

Eric went away on a fieldtrip with the mayor on Sunday. And doesn't come back until tomorrow night.

I know... a weird start to a blog. But this is the first time I've had the house to myself for this long since before he quit his job a Kite, when he travelled ALL the time. Quite frankly, it's kind of weird to not have him here at night. I mean, he still works a lot, so sometimes I only see him for dinner and then when he comes to bed... but I'm not used to have the remote control to myself. And the couch. And the bed.

Though I gotta admit, it was nice to veg in front of the TV for a couple of nights, without someone griping about the stupid comedies I like to watch. I love some mindless TV (usually sitcoms), which drives Eric nuts (he picks apart everything from plot lines to character flaws).

On the down side, I didn't cook at all. Which some would say is not a bad thing. I had some leftovers tonight, and last night I had cereal. Yes, cereal. I love cereal and have considered making it my three meal-a-day diet. But I kind of missed making some 'real' food, even if some of what I cook is pretty mindless, too. Cereal is just SO much easier! And, sometimes, tastier.

But alas, this little experiment is done tomorrow night. Even if his work schedule and quirks drive me up a wall some days, I still love him. It'll be good to have him home.

No comments: