Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Wow! 2014 already! Seriously... where did 2013 go??

For the first time since we've been together, Eric and I decided to actually go to a true New Year's celebration. One where you actually get all dressed up and toast the night in with champagne, singing, and something falling on you from above. We've done the stay at home thing, or the friend's house party... but never got all dolled up.

We decided to that this year when we got the announcement/invite from the Indianapolis Museum of Art (of which we're members). There was a cost associated with it, but more than half of it was considered a donation and was tax deductible, so it was celebrating for a good cause, right??

I think the best part was the fact that it was no rush to get there. Since the only critical point was midnight, we were able to have a nice dinner at home before getting ready and finally heading out around 10pm. And we missed nothing.

All the galleries were open, including the Matisse exhibit. So we wandered around a bit before finally settling in on the main floor with some champagne and waiting for the countdown. It was, quite frankly, the perfect way to celebrate. And I think we'd recommend this route to everyone we know for next year - it's probably where we'll go again!

So here we are, the first day into 2014. I've made no resolutions this year. Don't see a reason to, honesty - I'm rambled before how they're pointless. If you want to make a change, just do it. It doesn't matter the time of year! About the only 'tradition' I'm following is my pork chops, black-eyed peas, and sauerkraut with some added green beans to keep the green coming. And I guess some potatoes on the side.

Here's hoping to a great New Year for Eric and I (maybe we'll get the bathroom done), and may everyone else I know have one, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was supposed to be dumplings, not potatoes!