Saturday, November 30, 2013

Iron Bowl Day!

So we have a rare instance of an Iron Bowl really meaning something this year. Not just in the SEC, or even just the SEC west... but for the National Title! If you don't care about football, then you won't care about this blog. These are my pre-game ramblings (as I know I'll be too emotional, one way or another after the game). But I've gotta do it.

Auburn surprised even its own fans this year with an amazing run, to date. When they lost to LSU, I, and many others, figured that was the beginning of our down slope. Until then, we hadn't really played any big teams, and definitely no ranked teams. We had a long road ahead of us that included Texas A&M, Georgia, and, of course, Alabama. Who would've thought that LSU would be out only loss by the time we made it to the Iron Bowl?

But here we are, going into one of the biggest Iron Bowls in history, and generally one of the biggest talked about games in recent college football history. No one could've possibly predicted this at the beginning of the season. And as if these two teams don't already hold one of the biggest grudge matches every year, this year, no matter what conference you typically watch, all eyes will be on Jordan-Hare Stadium at 3:30pm (EST). If you're not watching, you just must not care about college football. But even if you don't, I'm sure you've at least heard about this game.

I'm not one to make predictions. I feel like that jinxes things. Yes... I get superstitious about my team. I love my Auburn Tigers, and after last year's disappointing season, this season has me more hyped than ever. I'm just hoping that, outside of us fans (on either side), things aren't getting OVER-hyped. That tends to happen with these games... the media over-hypes things, and the game, itself, is a let down compared to the hype.

Regardless, I'll be watching with my Auburn Club. We'll be making a ruckus in the restaurant, but we don't care. That'll just be our Auburn Pride coming out.  I so wish I could actually be in Auburn for the game... this'll be a hell of of a game to watch in Jordan-Hare.


War Damn Eagle!!  Beat 'Bama!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I predict an upset!
Auburn will win on the last play of the game.