Monday, September 16, 2013

Football - Yay?

Last year was an absolutely horrible football season for me, both in college and pro. So bad, in fact, that I stopped watching both in October. Sad, I know. Makes me seem like a very unloyal fan. That wasn't the case in my heart - I still loved both teams dearly... but watching two teams just play so horribly was killing me. I had nothing to look forward to.

This year, as football season approached, I've been cautiously optimistic. On the college side, Auburn was coming in with a new coach, and therefore, a whole new look. Not too many people were talking about Auburn, which was making us an all around underdog. And I was okay with that. On the pro side, however, I wasn't ready to even be cautiously optimistic with my outlook on the Jaguars. Rather, I was ready to brace for another miserable season that was, dare I say, going to be even worse than last year? Was that possible?? Not much had changed and they still refused to admit that they needed a NEW quarterback. They could change around all the other positions as much as they wanted, but at the end of the day, if you don't have a guy that can't get the ball down the field, then it doesn't go anywhere.

So here we are, a few weeks in on both teams. I'm thrilled to say, Auburn is 3-0 and even have their first SEC win after yesterday's win over Mississippi State! We are already off to a much better start than last year, as we only has 3 wins all year, and had NO wins in the SEC! I don't see championship material on the field yet, but I don't feel like I need to hide my Auburn Pride, either. Unfortunately, my Jags are already 0-2, just as I feared would happen. Are they just trying to get the first pick for next year - are there some good quarterbacks going into the draft this year? I have to say, I'm almost glad that I don't get the Jag's games on TV up here, unless they're playing the Colts. But really... just give me a couple of wins... GOOD wins, not just lucky wins.

*sigh*

At least I have Saturdays.

No comments: