Sunday, September 22, 2013

Arrival of Autumn

Autumn finally arrives today... and I'm not quite sure how I feel about that.

I say that because, quite frankly, after fall comes winter and I KNOW I'm not ready for that. I could skip winter all together this year. Don't need 'the season' and don't want the cold.

Besides that, we didn't have much of a summer! It was so mild until August, and even then, we only had about a week of a real summer!

So what will this Fall really bring? A lot of the trees started dropping leaves because we had such a long dry spell, so I'm guessing the colors won't be that great this year. I, personally, don't tie fall to football, other than dates - I don't feel a need to 'bundle up' to watch a football game. And the drop in temperatures? Well, we never really had a hot summer, so that gets negated.

I guess I do like wearing my sweaters and boots. But my office is so cold in the summer, that I've been wearing some of my lighter sweaters for awhile now. And wearing my boots means I put my sandals away, and that actually kid of bums me out.

So I'm just having a hard time about getting excited about the change of seasons this year. I just see nothing positive ahead... maybe Christmas. But I'd much rather just keep my warm temperatures around a little longer. Must be the FL girl in me just trying to get out.

No comments: