Sunday, September 15, 2013

Colts Game

Strangely enough, I think Eric's new job in the non-profit world is bringing us more opportunities for 'meet and greets' than he ever had in the development world. A lot of it might just because people want an opportunity to meet him, and with as busy as calendar get these days, sporting events, or the like, are the best way. I'm not one to argue... so long as I get to go, too. Kidding.

So today we got to go to the Miami and Colts game. In the suites. It was kind of cool. Well, more than kind of, I guess. I have to admit, it's nice to not have to go far for food and drink... and get it for free. Yes... I know someone paid for it. But it wasn't me. Now I'm just sounding like a D-Bag... or at a minimum, spoiled.

Anyway, it was a perfect day, weather wise. So perfect, that they even opened the roof! They paid so much for that damn thing, yet they rarely open it for games. Other team battle it out in an open stadium in the dead of winter, no problem. But if it's not a perfect 72 degrees in Indy, it stays closed. So sad. But it was open today, so we got to enjoy not only a football game, but the weather, too!

My goal was to enjoy and make the most of this game. It might be my only Colts game this year. We normally go to the Jags game here, but for some reason, they switched it up this year and played the first of the two division game down in Jacksonville instead of Indy, like it has been for as long as I can remember. So the jaguars don't come to Indy until the weekend after Christmas. And I may not even be in town then. Bummer for me. So I definitely wanted this to be a fun time. At least it was still a FL team!

So the game itself was actually quite good! Where did this Dolphin team come from?? They made some great off-season decisions, apparently. Either that, or the Colts severely underestimated their talent this year! I have to say, I was kind of cheering for the Dolphins - they just looked better today! Of course, I didn't cheer out loud. It was just kind of nice to see the Colts nation humbled. Which, yes, means they lost. It was a close game, though... and I'm sure there were some lessons taken away from this game. But there will be no perfect season for the Colts this year.

No comments: