Friday, September 13, 2013

Facebook Rant

Every so often, I just get absolutely frustrated with FaceBook. I just don't think it's functioning the way it was originally meant to be used.

I get that things evolve and become what people supposedly want... but do people really was to have other political agendas forced on them? Do people really want to know what someone else is having for dinner? Do people really want to know what what Bobby Jr. is doing every minute of every day... especially if it's not a kid of a close friend or family member?

I really think the answer is 'no' to all this... and more. What even more sad is how much advertising is done through FaceBook now. Not just what you see as an actual ad, but all the companies that only allow contest entries through Facebook, or sample requests, or coupons. Even worse? All the other websites that let you (or force you to) register and logon using your FaceBook account. All they're doing is tracking you and you're interests. Yet, even though I think a lot of people get that, they still use the function. Because it's easy. I really don't think it's a good idea to tie everything you do back to one single account.

More and more often, I find myself considering leaving FaceBook. But then I realize that I almost can't, because of all the other things that require you to have a FaceBook account. Complete BS. But I'm so sick of seeing people post all this crap I don't care about on Facebook. Or just stuff I don't want to see. So instead, I'm finding myself on the site less and less. I use it for what what it is now... and engine to run other things.

FaceBook... you used to be fun. Now you're just farce.

No comments: