Wednesday, November 28, 2012

'Tis the Season?

Is anyone else thrown off by the 'extra week' between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year?

With Thanksgiving so early this year, I'm just not feeling the Christmas spirit yet, and I'm usually one of the first to get into the spirit. I'm struggling to even think about decorating yet, though! Maybe it because of my traveling?? Or am I just so busy with work and trying to finish the bathroom at the house? Maybe because Eric's traveling so much?? I'm really not sure... I just know it doesn't feel like the holidays for me yet...

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm anti-holidays this year. I love Christmas - always have and always will! But I feel like I'm forcing it more so this year - I'm just not ready. The year has been going by way too fast for me. I feel like I've missed half the year! Or more!! Is that because I didn't travel at all until recent weeks??

I'm trying, people. Bear with me. Hopefully I'll be a little more ready for it next week, after my little vacation this weekend. Those who know me know I'm usually all over the holiday decorating and such. I AM getting my Christmas shopping done, at least... but even that doesn't feel like 'holiday shopping' yet...

*sigh*

If you see me, just make sure I haven't gone grinch. I shouldn't, but this lack of spirit has me concerned. Maybe I do just need my little break this weekend and all will be right again. Maybe.

No comments: