Thursday, November 15, 2012

Make-A-Wish Requestathon


I feel like sometimes I ask for a lot... but I'll never stop asking for a cause like this!

The annual Z99.5 Make-A-Wish 36hr Requestathon in currently going on! Make-a-Wish is my philanthropy. I donate. I volunteer. And this Requestathon is was inspired me and introduced me to Make-A-Wish all those years ago.

Like any marathon fundraiser, they have a big goal and it's usually the biggest fundraiser of the year. This is no exception. It's amazing to listen to if you can (which you can do online at the above link). They brink Make-A-Wish families int he studio and they talk to them, both ones who've had their wish granted and those who are waiting and depending on the fundraiser. If you listen long enough, you'll go through the whole range of emotions. You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll get warm fuzzies.

You can also donate at the same link. Or you can call in for a little one on one with a volunteer. I just finished up with a shift at the phone banks. The phones weren't ringing enough!! But, I think it was being made up for online somehow, because they were on track with milestones. But don't let that stop you - help me support a wonderful cause for kids with life threatening illnesses and their families.

No comments: