Thursday, October 11, 2012

Project IMA - INspire

I had quite a fun girls night out this evening. It was planned out, but I did not know what to expect!

So in general, it was a fashion show with the styles based on one of the Indianapolis Museum of Art's exhibit, An American Legacy: Norell Blass, Halston, and Sprouse (fashion designers from the 50's, 60's, & 70's). Alone, they were fashion icons in their era. But they still followed the trends of the moments.

So overall, I was quite impressed - there were some really cool outfits, some of which I wouldn't hesitate to wear! There were still some crazy things on the runway, but for the most part, relatively tame (no meat dresses, to speak of). The designers were from all over the US, even NYC and LA, which are known for fashion. It wasn't too long - just enough to keep everyone's attention span long enough. So for my first true fashion show, I say bravo!

After the show, we all went downtown to Bru Burger for a quick bite. The fashion show kind ran right at the middle of dinnertime, so we were hungry, even if it was getting late! But it turned out to be a good place to end of the night.

So as I said, quite a fun girls night out!

No comments: