Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sports Woes

This is just not my year for sports. Of any kind.

My Cubs are struggling to NOT lose 100 games. 100 loses! There's a mock out there of their 'magic number' to reach that 'goal' of losing (or not losing) 100 games.

My Auburn Football, which I love with all my heart, is in a rebuilding year, in all fairness. But only sitting at 1-3 at this point? So sad. Very hard to take. We did show LSU a hard fought game, at least... but there are so many tough games ahead of us yet.

Then there's my Jacksonville Jaguars, also sitting at 1-3. I was excited to actually be at the game when they won in Indy. I knocked up the loses to road games and tough teams. But as the year keeps going and I see how all the teams are playing, I question that. They really should be doing better... and then I wonder, again, why the hell they got rid of Tom Coughlin?

I don't follow basketball enough to claim a team or any woes. I guess I should be happy that our local WNBA team, the Fever, made it to the playoffs... but it's not really 'my' team. Maybe it should be... no, because then they'd lose.

I guess there's next year. Just count down the days to all of my 2013 seasons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Tampa Bay Breeze is moving to Jacksonville for their 2013 season. I don't know how many games they'll win but they'll be fun to watch!