Sunday, September 23, 2012

Jags Win!

Eric and I have gone to the Jags @ Colts games for the past few years now - I'm never sure what to expect of the outcome, but the game tends to always be on the exciting side. This year was no exception!

The Jags got the first score - a field goal. Needless to say, I was very excited about that. Sure - I'd rather a touchdown, but a score is a score, especially if it's the first score! It went back and forth for the first half with the Colts leading it, 14-3, as they went into the locker rooms. The second half is where it was at, though!

But first - halftime. Normally, I don't say much about halftime, but they did a nice little induction ceremony for Edgerrin James to go on the Ring of Honor. He hasn't played in Indy since 2005, so they hyped it all up, of course. I'm sure Peyton and Reggie will be up there one day - I think those will be even bigger deals!

Back to the game - second half! Not too far into it, Maurice Jones-Drew ran in a touchdown!! It seemed to stun not only fans, but the Colts payers, themselves. The Jags then held the Colts off, got the ball back and got a field goal, bringing the Jaguars within one point. But the fourth quarter is when it got really interesting!

Scobee scored another field goal (gotta love that guy!) for the Jags to take the lead, but we still had a lot of time left. With just under 5 minutes left, the Colts MISSED a field goal, bring a sigh of relief to me. But then the Jags couldn't hang on to the ball for enough time, gave it back to the Colts. They got down the field and this time, Adam Vinatieri did NOT miss! And now we were under minute.

Bummer.

45 seconds left, and Blaine Gabbert threw a pass to Cecil Shorts for an 80 yard TOUCHDOWN! I didn't even realize I was jumping up and down until I about lost my balance! No one saw that coming! Not even Blaine or Cecil! Again - the entire stadium was stunned and you just heard the few Jaguars fans (including myself) screaming!

But it wasn't over! The Colts still had 45 seconds to do something! And boy, did they try! Came close, but in the end, Jags won!

No comments: