Saturday, May 26, 2012

Busy, Busy!

So while I haven't had a good posts about any exciting trips or the like, I have been busy! So busy, in fact, I wish I had some time away!

Work has picked up quite a bit and though I'm part time, I haven't been working like part time. But this is a good thing. It's always interesting once you get to a point where you have projects at every stage... preliminary layouts, full design, bidding, construction... it keeps you on your toes!

At the house, Eric and I have been chipping away at our bathroom. We're learning a few new trades along the way... framing, plumbing, electrical... you know, stuff I never thought I'd ever do. At least not to this extent! On the plumbing side, we decided to really go outside the norm and use PEX to plumb the new bathroom. A bit of a learning curve, but once it's figured out, it's WAY easier than standard PVC! Not that you really want to hear about that...

With all the house projects comes a lot of runs to many hardware stores. My Baby Bleu has been getting a workout with her roof rack... this is why we don't need a new car yet! Took awhile to convince Eric to use the roof rack, but I think it's way easier that trying to fit things inside. Sure, 8 footers of anything can fit inside and rest between us up near the dashboard... but it sure is nice NOT to have a pile of 2x4's right next to me!

Other notable things... we've had some fun nights out, like happy Hour at the Symphony, a craft beer tasting/food pairing event, caught a few Pacers games, and there's always some spontaneous dinners. But no... I haven't left the area since Christmas, which is extremely rare for me! I am, indeed, intching for trip... FL sounds like a good option since my niece and nephew are out of school. But that may not even happen since things have been so busy.

And looks to stay busy!! At least until the bathroom's done...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think he just married you for your truck?

FLgirl said...

No... he has a truck... it's just old and in storage! LOL