Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Decorating

I love Christmas!  Anyone who knows me will tell you that.  I love everything about it.  What other holiday do you and all the stores completely change their decor for a month.

Or, for some stores, three months.

It's really kind of crazy when you think about it.  We turn everything upside down in our home to become 'festive' for the holidays.  Even more crazy is the fact that all of this stuff is store for 11 months of the year.  Granted, I may have more than some people - I really get into it.  Plus, I tend to be very 'protective' in the storage part, so things take up more room, it seems.  Eric absolutely hate all the extra storage needed for Christmas stuff.  But I think it's worth it.

Decorating for Christmas is almost as good as everyone opening their gifts on Christmas day... for me, anyway.  You open a bin, and it's always a fun surprise as to what's in that one.  Then there's the process of unwrapping the breakable/delicate things and remembering them, whether it be the story of how you got it or just a memory you have tied to it.  Maybe it's just because Christmas has always been a very special, almost magical holiday for me.

I'm almost done with my decorating this year... just have some things to put up outside.  It was too nasty (wintery mix) yesterday and it's just too cold today.  Not that it's going to get warmer this week, so I'll probably suck it up and do it tomorrow, regardless of the weather.

*sigh*

It's only the beginning of the holiday season with still so much left to do... but I'm already wishing I didn't have to take it all down after Christmas.

No comments: