Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tricia's Wedding

Another Memorial Day weekend, another fun-filled family wedding! This time it was my cousin, Tricia, getting married. And I knew we were in for a whole lot of family that I haven't seen in forever!

Eric and I left on Friday morning with a long drive ahead of us. A long drive of... well, not too much to look at. A lot of farmland, followed by a lot of green mountains. Made for a tiring drive, but we made the few stops we needed to make it through. We made pretty good time, actually, and beat most of the family to the hotel. So we wandered around Williamsport, PA for a bit - having the Little League World Series there has been a great thing for that little town! They even have round-abouts! LOL

After we wandered and had dinner, we had a little family reunion of sorts at the hotel and Eric got to meet everyone at once. There were cousins I haven't seen since I was little, and now everyone's married with kids! Craziness! I guess I should note that Tricia is the last of the cousins on this side of the family to get married... which made me second to last... so there were quite a few little ones running around, which made it pretty fun. And crazy. In a good way.

Saturday morning... the day of the wedding. Eric and I took my parents and Nan out to breakfast so we had at least a little time with just us and them - we knew it'd be hard to do later. So after a nice breakfast, we went back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding. It was a bit of a drive to the ceremony, so we wanted to be sure we had plenty of time. We did get to the church with plenty of time, though, so it was nice to not be rushed and, again, wander the town (Selinsgrove) a bit beforehand. The day turned out to be a beautiful, warm breezy day - perfect for a wedding!

The ceremony was beautiful and included some of my little cousins as the ring bearer and flower girl. These two are some of the most photogenic kids I've seen! The camera loved them! The bride stood out, though, as she should, in her beautiful dress. She and Nathan shared a few moments during the ceremony where you could see how much love was shared by them. And the priest told a story about love that I think teared up everyone in the church - even Eric. But the most touching part for me was seeing Nathan tear up as they were pronounced husband and wife - he even had to pull his handkerchief out. Have to love seeing the sensitive side of a guy, especially on his wedding day.

After the ceremony, pictures were taking that included all of the family. I always like when that is done - good for memories sake. Truly marks that moment in time. Of course I was right there next to the photography with my camera. Thankfully, he didn't seem to mind. I tired to get my own creative shots, too... I think I did alright.

Onto the reception! They had the reception back in Williamsport at a restaurant called DiSalvo's. The food was really good and I loved how they brought it out in Italian style courses... ie the pasta came out separately before the main course... but the food wasn't the highlight. Once again, the newlywed couple were the focus of the spotlight (as they should be!). They had so much fun together throughout the night, complete with cake smashing instead of the delicate feeding of the cake to each other.

Having the entire family there, including most of the cousins, made it a blast, as well. I wish I had more time to catch up with them (and the rest of the family), but it just gives us another reason to get together for a reunion next year. Especially as Eric and I start a family, I want to make sure cousins are known, even if they are distant. It's always good to know your family.

For lots more pictures, go to my Fotki page!

No comments: