Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Stress. Yes, Stress!

I really think that I am more stressed being unemployed than I ever was employed. And it has nothing to do with being unemployed. It's the moving. It's taken over my life and quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of it. Literally.

I have stressed myself sick. I feel like I have flu like symptoms... but it's not the flu. The achiness is simply the stress and the head congestion and sinus pressure is mostly the time of the year... but also stress. I haven't been allowed to just sit still for awhile. I try to do that in the mornings a bit, but I get guilty twinge if I watch TV because 'there's stuff I need to do', so I can't enjoy my down time. I'm just going, going, going... and I don't like that. My body and mind can't handle that. I need my down time. It's very valuable to be and I've always cherished that time.

And then Eric tries to get me out of the house because he thinks I need it. I don't need it. Nor do I want it. I understand his intentions are good, but I just want my 'me' time! There are some things I'd like to do right here in the house that would leave me completely content. Let me just chill on the couch. Let me work on something that benefits me, and only me. Let me do something to pamper myself. I don't need to leave the house to get myself in a relaxation mode. In fact, I'll do much better not leaving the house (so long as it doesn't mean working on the house). I'm not that person that has to be constantly doing something to be happy. In fact, that makes me very UNhappy!

*sigh*

I know this seems like a bunch of bitching and whining at this point. This blog seems to be full of it lately. It has just been a very frustrating month of being unemployed. And unlike my previous unemployment, someone sees me day to day and just wants to make sure I don't get bored or depressed while unemployed. But the fact of the matter it, as long as the unemployment is short lived, I'm fine with it. It gives me a chance to do things for me that I don't normally get to do. This particular time, it was moving to start with, with the down time to follow. Unfortunately, the moving took much longer than anticipated and just became a stressful event. And no down time to date.

I NEED my down time!

No comments: