Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Just When I Thought I Could Relax...

So the moving is pretty much done (just some random things left in the garage), as is most of the cleaning, so I thought I could finally relax a little. You know, put my focus somewhere besides my house.

Wrong again.

We met with a realtor, and due the the pretty crappy sellers market, we've got some sprucing up to do before it even hits the market. So my time will still all be going to my house for the next couple of weeks.

Eric and I figured on some of the things, but others, though we discussed, we were hoping to get away with not doing until 3 months down the road (or more... or not at all) if the showings weren't going well. Basically, though, even though I'm in one of the better areas regarding sales, this past month in particular hit a wall for home sales.

Oh... and the fun part... we get to take some furniture BACK up to my house to stage it. She basically said vacant house aren't moving at all! So we'll take a mix of stuff back up, just enough to make it look nice, though I'm sure it won't look lived in. But that's what buyers want to see.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Karen said...

Ugh! Good luck! Sorry you had to schlep all that stuff back and forth!