Saturday, August 21, 2010

Wendy's Bridal Shower

Today we had Wendy's Bridal Shower at my house. I have to admit, I was a little nervous about making sure everything went well... but in the end, everything was great!

Since it was held at my house, I was in charge of food, so I of course hit Sam's Club. They have great heat and serve finger foods for things like this (in case you didn't already know that)! So our buffet held an array of things, from fruit salad to mini eggrolls to little quiches. I did the 'shower punch' that you only ever seem to get at a shower (either baby or bridal) and my co-hosts (Mary and Brandi) brought a cake and some decorations to complete the scene. Mary worked up some fun games to play and they both brought some prizes to give away.

Wendy made out like a queen! She got all sorts of good stuff, from Monkey PJ's to an iron skillet! She and Chris have been together long enough that those items make sense. besides... we haven't done her bachelorette party, yet - that's when the fun will be had!

In the meantime, she's one step closer to the big day. It's down to the nitty gritty details, now.

No comments: