Sunday, August 1, 2010

Indy Reception

Our Indy Reception was awesome!!

We had a little hurried rush in our final preparation for the event, but for the most part, everything was taken care of since we hired out all the hard stuff. We didn't have to worry about food prep since we hired a caterer, the set-up was done mostly by the tent guys, and there wasn't too much decor to take care of since we were keeping it relatively simple. But the next thing we knew though, we were within an hour of the start time!

Soon, people quickly started arriving, but I think we were ready. My good friend, Jen, arrived a little early with an awesome cake for us to ceremoniously cut! She reused our cake topper, but the cake, itself, had a different look, which I loved! The caterer was cooking (and it smelled so good throughout the house already!), the bartender was tending bar (just about anything you could want!), and the weather was working for us (Thank you, Mother Nature!). We were worried about it being too hot first... then worried about rain... but the overcast skies just kept things nice all evening. No rain, no heat, and even very little humidity. I think the only 'issue' we had is that people we arriving quicker than we could greet them! But we made up for that later in the evening.

Brad Gates, our caterer, knows his stuff and I highly recommend him to everyone!! If you were here, you know what I'm talking about! Our bartender, Chris, was just as into his craft and kicked some major butt at the bar. We had a couple of specialty drinks that were SO good. One was a pineapple upside down martini and they went down way too easy. The other was a bubble yum shot - again, way too easy. I lost count of how many of the martinis I drank... but Chris just smiled and kept them coming.

We had the perfect turnout, I think - we were right on the money with the guest count we gave Brad in the beginning. There wasn't too many people that we lost track of people. We tried to get around to everyone, and I think we managed to do that alright. I would've loved to hang out more with some people, as I know Eric would have, too. But then who doesn't want to hang out longer with a fun group of people, family and friends both!

And that's what made it nice - all of the people who came. My parent's made it up from FL. We had other friends in from out of town, as well, which made it an even more special event. Plus, we had friends able to come by that we don't get to see too often locally. So it was great to see everyone and I speak for both Eric and I when I say, "Thanks to everyone, for everything!" I hope everyone had as good of a time as we did.

No comments: