Saturday, August 28, 2010

FedEx Plane Pull 2010

As an annual charity cause, my company, RW Armstrong, is a sponsor and major supporter of Special Olympics of Indiana. They do multiple events every year, but their biggest is the FedEx Plane Pull. They raise over $100,000 annually with this event.

It's exactly what it sounds like... you pull a FedEx plane for charity. This year was a 'special treat', though, as the plane was fueled and ready to go on a delivery, which put it over the 80 ton mark for weight. And teams of 20 take their turn pulling it. This year, one of our guys teams got the fastest time with just over 5 seconds to pull it the 12 feet. Us girls aren't as fast, but we did cut a second off of our time this year.

As I mentioned, RW Armstrong is a huge supporter for this cause and in addition to being one of the major sponsors, our three teams had a combined fundraising effort of over $15,000. This was a company record this year, so we were pretty excited! This year, we had a pirate theme going... we do different things every year. I had more fun with the theme this year... it was easy to do, actually.

And as I mention fundraising, I must thank all of you who supported me in my individual effort. You helped me reach my goal and I'd love to set that goal even higher next year. And anyone else out there who feel inclined to donate, you still can!! Just go to my fundraising page to donate - it's all online!

No comments: