Sunday, May 2, 2010

One More Weekend in Florida...

This past weekend, Eric and I were in Florida. Again.

This one was a bit more leisurely, but we still had a few minor loose ends to tie up. Hopefully, we are done because I have no more free weekends between now and the wedding! Not to travel, at least!

I was excited because I got my beach time! Unfortunately, it wasn't a perfect day at the beach - it was REALLY windy! I'd go to stand up and a small dune would have formed along side of me! Plus, you couldn't keep your eyes open - or mouth, for that matter - or sand would quickly blind you (or give you something to chew)! I think I was chewing on sand the rest of the day! But the sun was shining and it was, otherwise, absolutely gorgeous! It just felt good to lay in the sun, listening to the waves crashing on the beach. That will always be my serene place... somewhere on a beach, laying in the sunshine, listening to the waves crash on the shore. Always has a calming effect for me...

Eric and I visited St. Armand's Circle again, as well. It's quickly becoming a favorite spot of ours... the fun shops, the nice mixture of restaurants, and there's always some sort of event going on, it seems. Which makes it always busy. But that's part of the appeal, I think.

We cut our visit a little shorter this weekend, too. Instead of our usual late afternoon/early evening flight out on Sunday, we caught a morning flight which put us back into Indy around 1pm. We came back to some pretty dreary weather, which kind of sucked after all that sunshine! I think we're ready for the wedding, though...at least I hope so!

No comments: