Sunday, October 25, 2009

I Realized Fall is Here...

I know it sounds strange, but it really just hit me, TODAY, that Fall is here!! It really hit me when I saw all the Autumn colored leaves blowing around as I drove down the road. It was kind of pretty, actually.

Why it didn't hit me until today, I'm not sure. Maybe my mind has just been too occupied with everything else going on that I haven't had time to just stop and look around. Not to mention, Mexico threw my mindset out of whack. Granted, the temperatures have hit and I've made my thoughts about that clear (at least to people around me, verbally). And maybe that was part of it... it was in the 60's today, which gave me reason to go outside and enjoy some nice weather, even if it was brief. We were actually supposed to go on a picnic lunch with Eric's parents and sister's family to celebrate his and his sister's birthdays from the previous week. But the ground was too wet from previous rain and, in the end, his sister wasn't able to make it. So we ended up spending that time in Eric's house, unfortunately.

Anyway... this appears to be a really colorful fall this year - lots of rain usually equates to lots of color when the leaves do change... and that is definitely the case this year. I'm just hoping the mild summer yields to a mild winter... I don't think I can handle a harsh one this year.

No comments: