Friday, October 16, 2009

From HOT to Not So Hot!

I went from one extreme in Mexico (mid 90's all weekend) to near freezing temperatures (lows in the upper 30's) at a conference in northern Indiana this week... within a matter of 24 hours!! Literally... the average temperatures I had over the weekend we twice that of the average temperatures we were having in Plymouth, IN!! It sucked!!! Well, the extreme weather change did. Definitely a slap in the face, making me remember very quickly that I am not too fond of cold weather!

Now the conference... well, not that I'm going to say it was the best thing ever, especially after the spectacular trip I had to Mexico. But you know what... I think it was better to come back from vacation and go to a conference for the week verses back to an office setting. At least I wasn't immediately constrained to an office chair! This was more of a networking conference, too (verses an educational one). It included a lot of time in the 'hospitality suite' when the day activities were over. I don't even want to know what their alcohol budget is for this annual conference... airport people like to drink, apparently!

Anyway... I'm finally back home and get to sleep in my own bed tonight. I haven't slept in my own bed since Tuesday night of LAST week! I'm really looking forward to it! Sad, huh? I just wish it wasn't so cold outside... I guess I should just be grateful it's not snowing yet!

No comments: