Saturday, April 18, 2009

Race for the Cure 2009

This morning was the annual Race for the Cure here in Indianapolis. This has obviously become a cause near and dear to my heart after my Mom's courage and strength got her through breast cancer. I didn't start participating in the Race until last year, however, when I walked it with Eric's Mom. It was a great bonding experience for us and we had a blast doing it! And that was the plan again this year, as well.

Until Friday. Eric's Mom's got sick, so Eric had to fill in for her. It was an amazing turn out this year, and I'm sure that had a lot to do with the perfect weather we had for it. Last year it was dreary, rainy, and cold! This year, it was bright and sunny, near 60 by the end of the race. So this awesome weather brought out at least 40,000 people this year!! (this is a preliminary count, of course) If you look close at the picture of Eric and I, you can see all the people crossing the bridge behind us. It always amazes me to see such a huge crowd come out for such a cause - it really sends a statement of support to everyone else out there watching.

On a personal note, thanks to everyone that supported my fundraising efforts for the Race this year. I didn't hit my goal, but I'm happy to give anything and help raise something!! Especially with today's economy keeping so may people from being able to donate. So THANK YOU!!

No comments: