Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

First off, I hope everyone out there that reads my blog had a wonderful Easter!! Mine was great!

I spent the Easter holiday over at Eric's with his family. This is the second year for this to happen, with many more to come, I'm sure. Eric got a fresh leg of lamb from Goose the Market (a local butcher) and cooked it per their directions, and it was wonderful!! This place gets the best local meet that makes you rethink how fresh meat is supposed to taste! So that, paired with some sides made for a great dinner.

Of course there was the traditional baskets (put together by yours truly, the Easter Bunny) and an egg hunt. Eric's Mom did a neat thing and made it more of a scavenger hunt/Blues Clue type of hunt, where one clue led you to the next, with an egg at each point. It was a lot of fun! And since it ended up just being AJ in the hunt (Eric's step-niece wasn't there this year), it was perfect.

And for those wondering if my baking turned out... it did. For the most part. There was a mishap with the Lemon Meringue pie... left my house great, but I learned that you can't keep a citrus based filling seals up - it looses its gelatinous texture. But it still tasted good. :)

No comments: