Saturday, April 11, 2009

Baking, Baking, and More Baking...

I spent just about all day today in the kitchen baking for Easter. It made for a LONG day and I have to say, I'm exhausted.

I started with some Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Bars. Fairly simple to make and if you like chocolate chip cookies and cheesecake, this is a perfect combo!

Next, I made my first ever attempt at making a Lemon Meringue Pie. From scratch. This was a big ordeal because this was ALL from scratch... pie dough, squeezing lemons, everything. It looks like it turned out good and the few licks of the filling I took off the spoon during clean-up tasted good. But we'll see tomorrow.

Finally, I ended with 'from the box' cupcakes. I figured I'd better have something kid friendly - the other two things are kind of a specific taste. Which is also why I ended with that - it was the easiest of them all to make.

So now I am beat. I'm heading to bed now so I can get up and enjoy what I hope to be a subdued, relaxing Easter Sunday. Hopefully.

No comments: