Thursday, September 18, 2008

What a Week!

All that cleaning, all that stress... and now the parents have come and gone. Just like that.

It was well worth it, though. We had a good time and of course I was overreacting to their reactions to my 'unclean' house. Yes, it was vastly improved from what it was when I started. But it was still not to the level I wanted it to be. None the less...

They got in Saturday evening and I was actually watching the Auburn game with the Indy Auburn Club on the NW side of Indy. They called me and they were within minutes of my house. So I took off and met them up there. We caught up a little that night, but we were all pretty tired... them from driving, me from cleaning.

On Sunday, the 'big plan' was to meet up with Eric and his parents for a nice meal of Buca take-out at his house. This served a double purpose - my parents got to see his amazing house and meet his parents. Sunday was a crazy day, too!! The remnants of Hurricane Ike were blowing through and the winds were crazy through town. A huge branch even fell in Eric's back yard. No damage, but still... Despite all this, we had a really good time. The group hung out and ate for a few hours and played with Eric's sister's new baby. So yay! Good times... :)

The rest of their time here I had to work, so they went about their business and did things up around my house and beyond, actually. They both had things they wanted to do and places they wanted to check out. So they were never bored.

They heading out on Wednesday morning. And just like that, all was quiet again. But my house is clean. :)

No comments: