Sunday, September 21, 2008

Go Jaguars!!!

JAGS WIN! JAGS WIN!! JAGS WIN!!!

So today was the 'big game', the Jaguars at the Colts in the new Lucas Oil Stadium. Both teams were going into it with a lot of lingering injuries. But both teams claimed to be ready. And I think that was a legit claim. At least injury-wise...

The game started out with a shock to all - the Colts scored a touchdown on their first possession - THE first possession of the game. Woah... this was going to be a long game (I thought to myself). Especially since the Jags didn't even get a first down on their first possession. But the Jags got in their groove and it turned into a really good game. So come the 4th quarter, the Jags were up, 20-14. With 2:33 to go, the Colts get the ball and wouldn't you know it, Peyton got it down the field for Addai to score with 1:07 left on the clock. This upset me. A lot. (ask Eric). So the Jags get the ball with just over a minute left and start down the field. They get to a 4th down scenario and didn't make it. I head up to the lobby at this point. But wait - there's a penalty! And any Colts fan will call foul on this, but it stood. Jacksonville get a first down off of an interference call. We're still in it!!! Countdown to 8 seconds left to go... Garrad gets it to the 33 yard line. In comes Scobee for a 51 yard field goal. And with 4 seconds left on the clock... IT'S GOOD!!!

So the game was saved and the Jags won. I breathed a sigh of relief as we walked back to Eric's house. No jeers from any of the Colts' fans could stir me... the Jags beat the Colts in Indy. :)

There's a few pictures you can go check out... but I was really into this game (since this was my team) and the camera only came out for a bit at the beginning and then at half time when we went up to the upper level patio/balcony overlooking the downtown skyline. Otherwise, I was too busy wringing my hands and gritting my teeth. :) And don't let the picture of Eric and I fool you... I didn't smile a whole lot during the game, either. LOL

No comments: