Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Reflection

I don't normally do a year-end reflection post, but this morning, I was just thinking about all the stuff that happened this year, and I felt like I wanted to share.

The year really started out no differently from 2013. Eric had already been at his job for awhile, as had I. There was nothing forthcoming, that we knew of, that was going to make the year 2014 one of those years to look back on. And honestly, until spring sprung, that was seemingly the case. But I think the year started to get more memorable after I won those Boston Red Sox tickets. So we knew an awesome trip was in the works. And that was on top of the two wedding that came to fruition, both of which were 'destination weddings' for us (IOW - we traveled). So the traveling aspect of the year became that of a lot of travel memories, which was interesting since Eric's job no longer had that as a component. Together, we traveled to St. Jo, MI; Houston/Austin, TX; NYC (x2); Boston; Yuengling Brewery; Chicago; and of course, FL. And only one of those trips was via plane (to Texas) - the rest were true roadtrips. Separately, Eric went to Lansing, MI; Nashville, TN; and Philadelphia, PA for work. I, of course, did my girls' Caribbean trip and a late fall trip to FL to see my family. Not too shabby for travel in one year.

Then there was one component of Eric's work life that impacted me more than I imagined it would. He opened a fashion store. And while he was really just the money guy behind the creative minds, it wouldn't have happened without his incubator idea that he had been dwelling on for awhile. This impacted me in the fact that I had no idea there was a local fashion scene in Indy and I, personally, became one of the stores repeat customers rather quickly. Plus, the people I've gotten to meet in this fashion world that I didn't know existed has been quite a trip. It's a world I never would have met without Eric branching out himself. And the people are of such a different mindset than what I'm used to in 'my world' of engineering and development.

I'm not even going to touch on things that have happened in the world or even in my own neighborhood (which has really 'grown up' a lot this year). If I did that, I'd be rambling on for quite some time.

Finally, and most recently, there was the shift in my own job. While technically, there have been murmurings since the summer about this happening, the jump back to the development world really didn't come until late November. And wow... this is setting up 2015 to be another hell of a year. I'm not going to lie - I'm a bit nervous getting back on this side of the arena... but I'm sure once I'm going, I'll be right back in the groove.

So here's to a spectacular 2014... and hoping 2015 will keep the awesomeness going.

No comments: