Monday, August 25, 2014

We Hit 90...

Well, so much for a perfect summer. We hit 90°F today. Finally. And it came with a muggy nastiness that could be compared to inland FL, with no breeze. Just straight up mugly!

I'll be honest... I was rooting against this day's coming. I was hoping to set another record, or at least be able to say we never hit 90°F
, again... it happened a few years back and it would've been cool to see again. I'm competitive, in nature, and I saw this as a competition. I know... sad. I have my own issues. Something I had no control over was still a competition in my own mind. Oh well... just another quirk I have.

ANYWAY... there's a good chance today will be the only day that hits this milestone. There's a chance tomorrow, but then another front comes through and the temperatures drop again. And then it's September. Which means Fall is right around the corner. We all see Starbucks is pushing that issue with the early arrival of their Pumpkin Spice Latte, which hit stores today. This year has just gone by way too fast!

No comments: