Saturday, August 30, 2014

One Last Baseball Game

So in all my park hopping this summer, I did still manage to make a couple of 'local' games to see our minor league team, the Indianapolis Indians play. I still like to make these games. It's just so easy to go to, especially living downtown the way we do. It seems silly to not make it to some games.

Granted, I waited pretty late in the season to go to any. I think that was partly because of all the other MLB games we were running around to. And other non-sporting travel. My company had our company outing there a few weeks back. Since we're so small, our owner just gets a suite for one of the Wednesday afternoon games. This was the second year he did it and everyone seems to have a good time. We get some food in the suite and both years, we've lucked out with weather, too. It's definitely an easy way to bond with coworkers... it's baseball, after all.

This weekend is the last home stint for the Indians before the season ends, so last night, Eric and I went over for the game. We got tickets online, about an hour before the game - there were still plenty of seats, then, but it did look to be a sellout after we got there. At least pretty close to it. Stands were pretty well packed. We rode the bikeshare, of course... they have a docking station right by the field (smart, huh?). It was a nice way to wind down the week, too. It seemed unusually long. For me, at least. But it was an easy 'date night' to do... very little planning and quite the bargain when you really look at it. Now if only I could keep Eric from checking his emails on his phone...

And now we have football to look forward to. Well, I do, anyway... I love me some Auburn football!

No comments: