Monday, June 30, 2014

Random Rambles

So I just have a few things that have been bouncing around in my head that I want to throw out there. I'll try not to ramble on about any one thing too long (because that would mean it needed its own blog), but I just wanted to get stuff out.

First off, my hair. Some of you may know that I recently made a 'discovery' that my hair is no longer straight. I think it's been gradually happening over the last few years (I blame the water in downtown Indianapolis), but I finally gave up and during my last hair appointment, I stated as such, and asked for help. I knew that my hair was now giving way to a natural wave/curl, and I just didn't know how to work with that. At all. So I asked her to show me what to do. And she did, and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it could be. Of course, this was before I actually attempted it. Ever notice how you can never get your hair to look the same way a stylist does?? Anyway... it's been two weeks now, and I'm still going with the more natural wave/curl look that I know have. It's way easier than trying to straighten it (or assume it's going to dry straight and then get a funny wave to it that just looks weird). Eric calls it 'crazy hair' because he's not used to it. But he's not the one trying to deal with it. I'm still getting used to it to, but it's a lot easier to work with now!

Second thing... I know it's World Cup time... but when did so much of the nation jump on the soccer bandwagon?? I mean, seriously?!! Here in Indy, they're shutting down a street and putting up a huge screen to watch the game tomorrow. And it's in the middle of the day - are people taking off work to watch it, too? Don't get me wrong - I get it. Soccer is the world's sport, and, in general, it's becoming more popular in the US. But it seems like, overnight, everyone has decided they're a soccer fan. Initially, I thought it was just Indy since they've been hyping our new team... but then I started seeing all the posts online and the fact that Google is even on the bandwagon... wow. That's all I can say... wow.

Finally, just a simple statement. I hate waiting. That is all.

No comments: