Sunday, June 22, 2014

Dave Matthews 2014

Those who know me know that I'm a big Dave Matthews Band fan. I've been going to concerts for nearly 20 years, and since I've been in Indiana, I've gone to both shows on most years he comes through town. Because the shows are never the same, after all... but then a married a non-DMB fan. He's been a good sport and gone to both shows with me the past few years. So this year, I compromised and only got tickets to one show... just last night's show. Which was very difficult for me to do.

This year's tour is a unique one, in that there was no opening act and instead, DMB opened with an acoustic set, then took an intermission and came back with the full plugged in set. I was pretty excited to have the variety in play and I was not disappointed. There were a lot of songs played, and a lot of songs that don't get played often (though I still haven't heard our wedding song, 'Steady As We Go', played live). There was a killer version of 'Halloween' played!. But, as usual, it was very apparent that they love playing this venue - they get a lot of love from fans here. They even commented to that fact. Even though the venue is not one of the better ones for sound quality (which is why you probably have no Live Trax from here, despite having two shows here, every year since I can remember).

So next year, I told Eric I'd compromise again, only this time, I'd compromise by going to a different venue. As I said, I just want to see Dave live... I don't care where. And I know there's a lot better venues out there then Deer Creek. So... next year... we'll see where we go.


Everyday live 6/21/14

No comments: