Friday, December 20, 2013

Trip Anxiety

I'm not sure why... and it really seems to be for no reason... but before I travel, I get very anxious. Doesn't matter how big or small the trip is, though the bigger it is, the worse it is... but I feel like I'm forgetting something, or I'm racking my brain about any problems, or I just get plain excited. And except for foreign country visits (or cruises), I shouldn't care about any of that!! I can buy something once I'm to my destination!

But I do. It doesn't matter if I make a list, lay things out a week beforehand, plan every detail myself... it just lingers there the day/night before a trip. it doesn't matter if I'm driving or flying... makes no difference. Here I am today, leaving for FL tomorrow, and I even have the day off work. But I feel like I'll never get what I need to do done, and that I'll forget some vital piece that needs to go with me.

And then there's the weather forecast. It's supposed to rain. How big of a damper will that put on things. Will Eric get anxious if it's raining. How much time will it add to our trip?

Kind of sad really. Eric laughs at me. He thinks it's hilarious that I get so worked up over trips. I even admit it's a little crazy. I got over this briefly, when I was traveling a lot for Kite. But that was so long ago and I've travelled minimally since then.

Oh, well. What can I do, right? As long as I realize that's all it is, I'm fine. And once I'm into my travels, I'm fine. Just something in my mind won't click before that point to tell me , "Everything is going to be all right..."

No comments: