Wednesday, December 18, 2013

First World Problems

I found myself complaining earlier this week... I had more PTO time that I had planned for at the end of the year, and I was being told I had to take an extra day off.

And this was bad, how?? And this was a problem, why???

It wasn't. I just hadn't planned for it, and fully anticipated being at work the entire week (since I was off all last week). I had things to do at the office!

But all of my 'first world thoughts' got me thinking about how much people really do complain about these first world problems of ours. It's kind of sad, actually. If you're ever heard any of Louis CK's comedy bits, you'd understand even more of what I'm talking about. But we, as the American society, and become so spoiled with instant gratification of EVERYTHING, that if we don't get it, we complain. Loudly, quite often. I'm just as guilty as the next guy and am in no way trying to single anyone else I know out. Sadly, it's just a fact of life.

If you live in the United Stated of America.

Even other first world nations don't complain and expect things the was we do. So when the economy crashed and a lot of luxuries for a lot of people we taken away, did anyone take responsibility? No. And more often than not, they only had themselves to blame for the 'loss' that they felt obligated to. The whole living outside of your means, thing...

I don't know. I just found it interesting to hear myself complaining about something so many other people in the world don't even have. Being spoiled has it disadvantages, obviously.

No comments: