Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day

I remember a time, not too long ago (at least I'd like to think, 'not too long ago'), that my sole driving force on St. Patrick's Day was to find out what bar my friends were going to and how early they'd be there... I never celebrated it, really, until I moved to Indiana. I guess it was just the friends I made when I moved here.

But now? Now I'm just happy I remember to pull out my green St. Patrick's Day socks! Gotta wear green!

It seems most of my friends have 'grown up' in that respect. It's no longer about how much green beer you can drink or how much free beer merchandise you can snag to wear. It's really just becoming another day. A day you happen to pick out something green to wear. Sure, you still meet up with friends, if the opportunity presents itself. But you don't really search it out.

My big excitement this year was finding a good corned beef and cabbage recipe. And let me tell you, it was awesome! We had my in-laws over and pretty much finished it off, it was so good! Wasn't too bad for a first timer... might have to make it a regular thing.

So... St. Patrick's Day... all grown up means eating traditional food, apparently... not 'traditional' green beer consumption. I can handle that.

No comments: