Thursday, December 29, 2011

Soccer Star and Brotherhood

This post is simply me being a proud aunt and braggin' a bit about my niece and nephew a bit.

Our Christmas travels were skewed a bit because of a soccer tournament my niece was playing in in South FL between Christmas and New Year's. I don't get to see her play much, so naturally, I wanted to take this opportunity to do so!

Her tournament started yesterday with a 9am game and went through today, where they played two more games. They won two of their games, and tied one game, and ended up in tomorrow's Final game playing the team they tied to on the first day. I hope her teams walks away with the trophy tomorrow... (if there is one... not sure about that).

So the braggin' part... yes, her team is good. They are a travelling team, after all... typically hand-picked to play on the team. But I'm impressed with her skills, too! I didn't play soccer growing up - it was softball, for me. But I loved watching her on the field! I'm also amazed at how fast two 30 minute halves go by... sure doesn't seem like an hour! I think youth soccer is more exciting the pro-soccer - there's more action since they AREN'T pro, including more sideline throw-ins and goal kicks, etc. Professional soccer is too, well, professional!

Now onto my nephew. He's been thriving and striving in the Boy Scouts and was recently nominated to the Order of the Arrow, which is the Boy Scouts Honor Society (from what I know). I've done a little research since I found out about it and it's pretty prestigious, from what I can tell! He hasn't gone through his Ordeal, yet, but it's on the calendar. Wish I knew more or had pictures to share, but the actual induction hasn't happened yet. Just that he's been nominated is something to brag about, though.

I'm a proud aunt!

No comments: