Friday, December 30, 2011

Reflection on 2011

This has been quite a year. I can honestly say I didn't think I had a very exciting life, but it seems I was told more than once, this year, that I have a very busy, fun life to talk about. And looking back through my blogs, I guess this year in particular, I did! So much, in fact, that it's worth a look back.

I can't say it started out so great. Unemployed, with a house for sale, and a very frustrated husband on my hands (understandably). For me, I was just going with the punches and trying to keep my sanity. Harder than it looked. But things started to take a turn when I found some contract work (that led to my current permanent position at a different company) and then the sale of my house. In the midst of it all, I got away for a quick trip to FL to see my family and try to forget about woes back home, even if only a brief vacation. But a trip to the beach has always been my serene place where I can forget it all and refresh myself. And it got me to my first anniversary. Wow. That was a stressful first year on a marriage! But it looked like it was finally all coming together.

So besides my quick trip to FL, I had a few other trips over the year where I could see people thinking I just travel a lot... wish I could say it was the norm. I had a couple of trips to Chicago to see Cubs games, a trip to PA to see my cousin get married, Niagara Falls, a trip back to Auburn (FINALLY!!!) for a mini reunion and football game, my first cruise (with the girls!), my much delayed honeymoon to Costa Rica, and finally, my trip home to FL for Christmas (with the added bonus of a trip to Fort Lauderdale to see my niece play in a soccer tournament). All a lot of fun.

Then there were the concerts! I saw way more concerts the I normally see! There were a few Indianapolis Symphony shows, a few with Time for Three. Plus there was Britney Spears, LMFAO, Katy Perry, Amos Lee, and Jimmy Buffett! Had a blast at all the shows!

Then there was the stress of the house remodel/renovation. Won't go into details... I'll just leave it at that it's still going. And going, and going, and going... with plenty of issues along the way.

So yeah... Guess it has been a pretty jam packed, fun year. I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out, too! If only I could've let the stressful stuff out. I really think that's why I had so much fun going on... to counterbalance the stress from earlier!

Here's hoping for another great year to come, though... There's still a lot of living' to do.

1 comment:

Thomas Kemmett said...

You have a nice style of writing, good luck with your new job.