Sunday, July 25, 2010

I *HEART* Ikea!

I'm not sure what it is about the place, but I LOVE going to Ikea! Maybe it's the meatballs. Maybe it's the unique items. Maybe it's just because of all the cheap thrills. I don't know... but I get a kick every time we go.

Today we headed to Cincinnati to go to Ikea - we needed a couple extra things for our reception this weekend. So around noon, we were off, which was a rather late start for a trip to Ikea for us. Though we didn't decide to go until this morning, either!

By the time we got there, I was ready for lunch, so we both had the meatball lunch... what is it about those meatballs?? Love 'em! So after we filled ourselves with meatballs, it was time to shop!

We had a few items on our list that we were specifically looking for...Now Eric... he likes to stick to the list. Me... I like to wander and just see what floats my boat. but for the most part, we did actually stick to the list... and added to the list near the end when we found something that would work as centerpieces for the weekend. But our big find that we were looking for was the kitchen cart! It has a butcher block top and a stainless steel shelf below... goes nice in the kitchen and add that little extra counter space when needed, where needed. I believe it'll be well utilized!

After Ikea, we hit a couple of other places in the 'nati... we went to The Container Store, more for Eric to research for work, but managed to find a few things there to buy, as well. i thought I'd been to one before, but this was was only about a year old, and if I have been to one before, it was awhile ago and they're bigger now. At least this one was. Regardless, I think we'll be going back, if not to that one, than another one. Or online. We're thinking out master closet will be using the Elfa fixtures there.

All in all, a successful trip to Ikea... and more. But I love Ikea. Wish we had one in Indy... though then I probably wouldn't appreciate it the way I do now.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I heard rumors we're getting a Container Store and a Nordstrom Rack at 82nd and Dean later this fall. I haven't been to IKEA yet, but it's definitely on my list of places to go!

FLgirl said...

K - we are, provided everything goes right with legals and construction. It's Eric's project.... shhhh! ;) The LOI's are signed, but I know they're having some issues with the floodplain that may impact construction. But that's actually why we went to the Container Store and Nordstrom Rack - he was doing research! LOL