Wednesday, July 7, 2010

First Hard Moment...

So today I finally did it. I conquered this ever wavering difficult task I've been putting off. Not that there was a good reason... it just was that sure sign I was no longer a "me" and definitely a "we"... and even more so, the first step in really letting go of my house.

This was MY first house. I bought it on my own, and have been living there, by myself, for over 8 years. There's a little bit of emotional and sentimental attachment to it. No... there's A LOT of sentimental attachment to it!! The packing and moving will be hard, as I've already mentioned. But the sentimental part is what will cause me to do most of the packing myself... I'll need time to dwell in each room, and if there's someone else 'helping' me, I won't be able to do that.

I know... it sounds crazy...

So what was the task I'd been putting off? The permanent change of address with the post office. I went to the website multiple times in the last month, but just couldn't hit that submit button. Sad... I know. It wasn't that there was ever doubt about me and Eric... there's been no doubt in my mind about us for well over a year... it was just the leaving of my house. Leaving my little piece of suburban paradise behind, something I knew was mine.

*sigh*

Oh well. There will be other houses, but one never forgets their first house. Just like I cried when my parents moved out of my childhood home in FL, I'm sure I'll cry when I finally close the door as I leave my house. Not that there was anything spectacular about it... it was just mine.

No comments: