Saturday, August 16, 2008

First Week on the New Job

One week down and a lifetime of working weeks to go!

My first week back after being unemployed for 6 weeks. I know so many people want to know how things are going and I wish I had exciting stuff to say, but it was the first week! Nothing much ever happens in the first weeks… you spend a lot of time watching videos and filling out paperwork, getting to know your way around the office, and just getting familiar with things, in general. I can’t even really say whether I like it or not – it’s just different from the development side I came from before. It’s kind of weird being back on the consulting side again.

It is different, especially looking at what I’m going to be doing – Airport Design. Never done that before! And I did already go to two different board meetings for a couple of airports. Ironic… all the travelling and airports I used to travel through, now I’m going to airports, but not actually going anywhere. Oh well.

I can say this… so far, so good. It seems like a good place to work and the job itself has potential. I'll know more in a few weeks, so I’ll keep you updated.

No comments: