Sunday, July 19, 2015

Birthday Weekend

I feel like that, even though it's early Sunday, I can say my birthday weekend is done. There's nothing planned today, so let's write about what I DID do!

My birthday was on Friday, of course, and my plans were made months ago for the night of... Dave Matthews Band!! And I got some amazing seats this year through Warehouse. I was SO excited when I saw I was in the lower pavilion at Deer Creek (Klipsh, or whatever it is 'officially') for the first time in all my years of going. And the excitement only continued as we showed up and saw how great they were! I was just a few rows behind the pit area - it was awesome!

And the show, itself, matched the seats - awesome! I think Eric even enjoyed it. Of course, a lot of that probably was due to the seat location. When you're that close and can actually hear what they're saying much more clearly, and even see expressions or interaction between some of the band... SO much better close up (go figure). This DMB show definitely ranks up there as one of the best I've been to.

Saturday was a complete flip... my company picnic. And it was a hot, humid day to be outside. I think one of the hottest days to date this summer. We had our picnic at Conner Prairie. In all my years in Indiana, and even within a 10 minute drive when I lived in Fishers, I've never been to this place. Except for a couple of Symphony on the Prairie concerts. But that was a completely different experience, which didn't include the 'theme park' part of Conner Prairie.

Unfortunately, it was almost too hot to really enjoy any part of the park... we walked through the historical areas, but it was just too hot to stay outside for too long. There was no breeze to even help with the stagnant humidity. It was fun to meet a lot of coworkers' families and such, though... it amazes me how much the company has grown since I just started back in December - I don't think we'll be able to have our picnic here, again - we were almost at capacity! But it was fun.

And that was it, really. That was my birthday weekend. In a nutshell. Now today, the hope it to just relax and prepare for the week ahead!

No comments: