Saturday, January 31, 2015

Where'd January Go?

I'm thinking this might be a similar post I do every year. I don't know - I didn't look back. But it feels like it... maybe... But seriously... where's the heck did January go??

I know I've been busy with a new job, and we've had some crappy weather. But I feel like it's flown by, and the wreck that is my house shows that, as well. You'd think I was never home, by the way there are some 'to do' stacks of stuff around. I'd say I wish I had a day off to catch up, but I think I'd just end up napping all day. Because when I AM home, I'm soooo tired.

Eric laughs at me, though he's just as bad, if not worse than me. It didn't take long for him to fall back into his bad habits of working too late and going into the office at least one day a weekend. He claims to need the time to catch up... but he over-committed to begin with, which is never good. So he's getting all stressed out.

At least I'm not stressed... just tired. My job continues to go well and while I'm not traveling out of state yet, I have that to look forward to. Which will only make the house worse?

I just want my garage to be built. Part of me feels like that will be the solution to everything. There will be more storage, no worries about cars getting hit, and maybe our lawnmower will finally be safe. No more saws in the bathroom or wood trim on the bed. Maybe we'll even be able to finish the master bathroom, once we have a place to act as a workshop.

But none of that can happen until the ground thaws. Stupid winter. I'm so ready for it to be over. I want some warm weather and can't wait to not have constant gloomy days. I really hate winter.

*sigh*

January is over. Here's hoping there are no freak storms in February and maybe even get an early spring. Maybe.

No comments: