Friday, January 16, 2015

How's the Job Going?

So I've been at my new job 'for real' for a couple of weeks now. I say 'for real' because I can't really count the two weeks I was technically employed there, but not going into the office over the holidays. But now that I have two full weeks of actually going in when the office is fully staffed, I can finally say I feel like it's official.

It helps that I came into this job, working for a guy I used to work for (at Kite). So the comfort level was there from the beginning, which was a huge plus. I didn't meet most of my coworkers until after the holidays - they took off the few days I was in the office. It's really a fun group - everyone meshes together really well. Nobody's going rogue, thinking they know better. That's a nice change of pace from my previous development experience, as well.

I can already tell you that I love being back on this side of development - the client, rather than the consultant. I love being part of the big picture and not just a small piece that I'm not supposed to go beyond. I always felt so pigeonholed, like I couldn't comprehend anything out of my scope.

The company, itself, is amazing so far. I've heard companies say they're like a big family, and I even thought I was in companies like that before... but this one... wow. It really is a big family. No matter your title, everyone's just a family member in the office. And the respect amongst everyone is unlike anything I've seen before.

So yeah... I'm loving my new job. I imagine it's only going to feel more like 'home' as I get more into it and we get busier. It'll be a good wave to ride, regardless.

No comments: