Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving

Is it just me, or has the creep of 'Black Friday' one Thanksgiving starting the make Thanksgiving, itself, insignificant?

I'm not trying to be Negative Nelly over here... but between that and the smaller Thanksgivings we've had (with family not all being able to get together), I feel like it's becoming a 'glossed over' holiday. How long before it's just another day that you may, or may not, get off from work and you just have turkey sandwiches for dinner to celebrate? Just look at how many people had to work (in retail, at least) today... Why must the almighty buck always seem to dominate?

Okay... rant over... thinking happy thoughts.

As foreshadowed, we are having a very small celebration at our house today... Jut Eric and I, and his parents. Not a bad thing... it'll still be nice and we're still doing turkey (albeit, just a breast). And I'm baking a cake, right now... hope it turns out, since it's my first stab at this recipe. You never know with a new recipe.

In the meantime, I've barely glanced at the Black Friday ads. Why bother? Most of them are for deals tonight. That, and the fact that I'm really about done with shopping already. And before you curse me, know that it wasn't on purpose... I've just been finding things along the way this year. Yes... I think about Christmas gifts all year long.

Oh, well. I guess all I can say at this point is, "Happy Thanksgiving!" Hope all you out there reading this can restrain yourself from going shopping. It's much better to spend time with family.

No comments: